Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nonsense - Nuisance - Nut - Nuts - Ouch - Phew - Pig

Nonsense!
A: It’s said that the school belle is your chick.
B: Nonsense! She doesn’t at all take a fancy to me.

Synonyms:

Baloney!




Nuisance!
A: Nuisance! Don’t pester me all day.
B: Don’t you love me any more?

Synonyms:
Creep!





Nut!
A: May I have a date with you tonight?
B: Nut! Who are you?

Synonyms:
Ass!
Flake!






Nuts!
A: Did you lay a fart just now?
B: Nuts! You did!

Synonyms:
Baloney!






Ouch!

A: Ouch! Your high heeled shoe stepped on my foot.
B: Terribly sorry. Did it hurt?





Phew!
A: Let’s call it a day here.
B: Phew! I wanna take a good break.

Synonyms:

Whew!
Pshaw!





Pig!
A: John hasn’t taken a bath for a couple weeks.
B: Pig! Keep him far away!

Synonyms:
Barbarian!
Big eater!
Boor!
Cormorant!
Frump!
Glutton!
Gormand!
Hog!
Slattern!
Slob!
Sloven!
Sludgeball!
Trencherman!
Vulgarian!