Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stingy - Strike - Sucks - Sugar - Sweetheart - Sweetie - Sure

Stingy!
A: He often pretends ignorance and grudges tips.
B: Stingy! It’s a rule to give tips, isn’t it?

Synonyms:
Cheapskate!




Strike!
A: Wow! Strike! Six consecutive times! I make it.
B: I can’t believe my eyes. You have never done so well before.





Sucks!
A: The Bulls was easily washed out during the first round in the East this season.
B: Sucks! It seems to me that the Bulls should enroll Jordan again.

Synonyms:
Shame!
What a pity!
What a shame!






Sugar!
A: Sugar! Let’s share pillow talk.
B: You’re particularly tender tonight. I’m flattered.

Synonyms:
Baby!




Sweetheart!
A: Sweetheart! How come you wear a low-cup blouse today? I find it odd.
B: Don’t you often say I’m sexually frigid?

Synonyms:
Baby!




Sweetie!

A: Sweetie! The lollipop is for you.
B: Daddy, why don’t you buy me a Barbie doll?

Synonyms:
Baby!




Sure!

A: The cold-blooded murder is very serious guilt, isn’t it?
B: Sure! It’s also brutal conduct.

Synonyms:
Absolutely!